The main work of our project is based on support for young people under 21 years of age, building a realistic and practical healthy lifestyle plan that addresses their current problematic behavioural problems and promotes change.
In working with the youth in recognising and accepting responsibility for their own actions the key issues identified the need to engage with activity based programmes. The following programmes evolved through interest and participation.
- Muay Thai, MMA, and Boxing - The participants attended 4 sessions weekly and as their abilities developed and was recognised they may progress to competition level. These martial arts support anger management, fitness and goal setting. They train at our purpose built gyms either in Dungarvan or Tourin
- Cookery Programme - Clients meet each week to plan, shop and cook a meal. This is a ground-breaking approach to support independent living by focussing on healthy eating and nutrition. It also provides space for discussing lifestyle choices and behaviour.
- Gym & Swim - Weekly sessions help support the clients in planning fitness routines in keeping body and mind active within a social environment.
- Drop-in House - Offers Space and a safe environment where we cook a meal, chat, avail of group interests and prayer with a key focal point on youth with addiction issues.
- Counselling Support - Offering professional counselling services
- Life Skills - These supportive classes are in place in a dedicated building to support people in literacy, budgetary and returning to main stream education.
- Workshop /Outreach – Assisting you promote their education, physical, spiritual and psychological development and their well being & to, raise confidence and self-esteem.